10 Years of Giving
The Garry White Foundation began in 2009 with our very first gift of $10,000 to Birds Australia. In its first ten years of giving The Foundation supported 46 charities with over $2.5m in funding.
WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED SO FAR
We are always looking for innovative and creative ways to measure the impact of the Foundation’s giving. With the help of our funded partners, we request acquittals on projects to help us measure the successes (as well as failures) of funded projects.
We acknowledge that many small organisations have limited capacity for extensive metrics. Something as simple as an inspiring story or a great picture can really help explain and measure outcomes.
Some notable successes include:
- The re-emergence (after 68 years) of a presumed extinct Robust Greenwood Orchid following funding of a weed eradication project at Nardoo Hills in north-central Victoria in 2011.
- Two young farmers forming the group Farmers for Climate Action after funding them to attend the Paris Climate Talks in 2016.
- Co-funding a pilot program to teach “Building Respectful Relationships” which was subsequently included in the Victorian school curriculum in 2017.
- In 2019, after three years of funding a sustained and targeted water quality campaign, the Qld government passed new Reef Protection regulations to address sources of land based water pollution to the Great Barrier Reef.
- In 2021, becoming a founding partner of the Sustainable Table Fund which connects Australian regenerative agriculture and food systems projects with funding and investment to create systemic change.
For further information on our first ten years of giving and the incredible projects, people and organisations we have supported click ‘here’.